Sapphire Realm Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sapphire Realm Roleplaying Forum

A Place For All Your Roleplaying.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the Saphir Tavern (Guide and Info)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rei the Almond
Special Member
Special Member
Rei the Almond

Character Profile
Level: 1
HP:
Welcome to the Saphir Tavern (Guide and Info) Left_bar_bleue200/200Welcome to the Saphir Tavern (Guide and Info) Empty_bar_bleue  (200/200)
MP:
Welcome to the Saphir Tavern (Guide and Info) Left_bar_bleue100/100Welcome to the Saphir Tavern (Guide and Info) Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Welcome to the Saphir Tavern (Guide and Info) Empty
PostSubject: Welcome to the Saphir Tavern (Guide and Info)   Welcome to the Saphir Tavern (Guide and Info) EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 8:38 pm

Hello there my name is Rei the Almond, or Rei for short, and I am the moderator of this forum. It's nice to meet you all.

As I noticed, many people are just starting out role playing for the first time or want to try it in a more relaxed pace. What this little place is for is helping beginners develop their own characters, and learn ways to rp for themselves. As for those more experienced you are welcome to come in and test and try new characters, meet other roleplayers, and maybe get an idea for your own future roleplay.

The setting in this roleplay is a tavern set in a fantasy background, so your imagination is unlimited whether it be a dragon, a werewolf, or even a lizard alien from space, the point is to have fun and let your creativity flow! It's very relaxed and easy rules so beginners, or those sick of strict rules, however there are some basics that everyone needs to follow, which below is the following. Being how it is for beginners breaking these will be scolded and notified but you won't be kicked out for breaking it once or twice. It's a learning experience after all ^-^. However, these are some rules all roleplayers will follow, and I hope after you read this you won't break them again, if you haven't or I sent you here to, shame on you! Those who did on there own you get a cookie. Anyways I digress-

(taken from urban dictionary. summed it up the best ^^)
"God Modding" is in essence when someone’s character has the ability to do practically anything without limits or boundaries. And example is when they simply cannot be harmed by any and all means other RP-ers try.

-It can be killing or injuring a character without the player's express permission.
-It can be when they simply can’t be hit and dodge all attacks or anything for this matter aimed at them.
-It can also be using other characters that other people RP with. In other words, if you do not RP as
Legolas, then you cannot have Legolas say anything, or do anything, without the player's express permission.

The absolute worst is when they make out another character to be what they’re not, just to make their own character seem superior. They make others seem weak, screaming for help, when they’ve made it quite clear about their advantages and strengths. This is called power-play. It’s a strain of God-Modding, but instead of just being irritating, it’s offensive to boot.
This is a prime example of God Modding:

Player A: Punches Player B
Player B: Dodges attack, grabs Player A and throws him.
Player A flies at Player B, who warps behind him and slashes Player A in the back.

This is generally frowned upon in the roleplaying community, and if I catch it then I will warn you, however if it keeps happening I'll send Kira on ya. (love ya Kira -winks-)

Otherwise the only thing you need to watch is common manners, it may be a case where someone is roleplaying with someone else and you want to join them this may be a good idea in order to respect their roleplay, if they want you to join they'll answer, if not don't take offense, they just don't want to be interrupted at that time. Perhaps you can find someone else or talk with them a little bit later, and example of this is.

Player A is talking to player B
Your character: Hey guys! What's up what are we talking about? Anyways I am tired player A want to go to the baths with me?

An approach like
Player A is talking to player B
Your character: Hello Player A how are you doing?

Now it may be hard to tell on the situation however with time it'll get easier to pick up and read, and don't feel bad if this happens I was very guilty of doing this in my early days but we all learn in time ^-^~

Lastly, please keep in mind the setting of the roleplay is in a fantasy realm, and for the sake of variety it is in no region in the real world, so every ethnicity, and jobs, and characters are welcome, from a gun-ho American, to a English vampire, to a Japanese samurai. However there are basics you should know. It is a tavern, within it has a bar, an area with tables and chairs to sit, eat, chat and drink. There are also rooms for those that want to keep their character in they can do so allowing you a place to go for the night if needed. The tavern serves food of all kinds, and drinks of all kinds for the sake of convenience, like if your character is a vampire for an example. There is a large open field all around them for room to spar or do whatever you'd like, there's also woods surrounding the tavern. There is a nearby town, for dates, shopping and other things, however I ask you eventually come back to the tavern. There's only so long you can be in town. xD Within the tavern as well, is a hot spring, and a small lake/pond for aquatic creatures and recreation, and finally there are little living rooms of sorts inside, with fireplaces, and big chairs and books. As well with an array of musical instruments in case you want to show off a talent or have them learn. Pictures may or may not come later depending on if I can find some that match the criteria. Either way, hopefully this will cover any type of character that may show, if not let me know and I'll see if I can help.

Woo sorry for the amount of text X-x
Back to top Go down
Kira the Sapphire Dragon
Admin
Admin
Kira the Sapphire Dragon

Character Profile
Level: 9
HP:
Welcome to the Saphir Tavern (Guide and Info) Left_bar_bleue490/490Welcome to the Saphir Tavern (Guide and Info) Empty_bar_bleue  (490/490)
MP:
Welcome to the Saphir Tavern (Guide and Info) Left_bar_bleue436/436Welcome to the Saphir Tavern (Guide and Info) Empty_bar_bleue  (436/436)

Welcome to the Saphir Tavern (Guide and Info) Empty
PostSubject: More stuff for you to know   Welcome to the Saphir Tavern (Guide and Info) EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 12:05 pm

Please post all questions in the FAQ thread of The Saphir Tavern. ^_^

There is a topic for posting profiles. Please put all profiles there and follow the guidelines.
Back to top Go down
https://sapphirerealm.rpg-board.net

Welcome to the Saphir Tavern (Guide and Info)
Page 1 of 1