Sapphire Realm Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sapphire Realm Roleplaying Forum

A Place For All Your Roleplaying.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Getting Started

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kira the Sapphire Dragon
Admin
Admin
Kira the Sapphire Dragon

Character Profile
Level: 9
HP:
Getting Started Left_bar_bleue490/490Getting Started Empty_bar_bleue  (490/490)
MP:
Getting Started Left_bar_bleue436/436Getting Started Empty_bar_bleue  (436/436)

Getting Started Empty
PostSubject: Getting Started   Getting Started EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 10:02 pm

First off, you have to have a character. There is no need to post your character's profile since the profile is located within your account's profile. To find it, simply click on "Profile" at the top of the page, then you should see "Character Profile" on the right hand side at the top. Click that and it will take you to where you can start on your character sheet.

Next, to get you started, fill out name, age, gender, race, class, appearance, job (if any), personality, and their background. (note: The skills your character can learn depends on their class. The skills they can learn are listed here: click here!) You can also view the available starting classes there.

For the background, make sure to check here: click here! In that topic, it contains details about the world your character will exist in. You need to choose a birthplace for them that exists on that map you see at the top of the first post. Remember, there is a help topic located here: click here! Make sure you read about the different towns and cities. I tried not to get too lengthy so it's a general overview of the place. You guys can create more of what a place is like within reason. Obviously in a small village I'm not going to let you say there's this massive castle, or something like that. Also, you can't be from Skelhath Mountains or the Chesleen Desert. There will be quests in the future that will have you venture into those areas though, which means you got to post a lot to level to get to those quests if you want to be able to travel there.

You ARE allowed to use an image for your character's appearance. On left side of the character profile page, you should see "Image Management" and a slim text box. In there, paste a url to the image you wish to use. To get the image to appear, you just scroll down to the bottom, hit save, and then it should be there when you return to the modifying character profile page.

Are you keeping up with me so far? If you are, good job! If not, don't feel nervous about asking questions. I won't reprimand you for asking a question which may have a quite obvious answer. And if anyone else does reply to you in a negative/offensive way, please report them to me or another moderator IMMEDIATELY. Do not reply to what they said and instead let me or mod handle them. We're here to make sure everyone can enjoy these forums.

Now, you might have noticed that you cannot set your level or edit any of the stats. That's to keep things fair and make sure no one can set themselves starting at a higher level. Your level is in accordance with your experience. When posting in the forums you can see your experience below your avatar, as well as on your profile page (not the character profile, but your account profile). If you look here you can see how much experience you need for levels 1 through 15. If you are active enough in this forum you should find yourself leveling pretty quickly. You can blame Shiro-chan for this because I asked her if she wanted to level fast, or have few levels to get to. She wanted to level fast, so the highest level someone can reach will be pretty high.

For weapons, they are items you will be able to equip your character with. For now, you can choose a simple weapon for them. It CANNOT have any special powers. It's cannot be anything special that will kill anything with one hit or set in on fire or something like that. Those kinds of weapons with uber powers will come later at a much higher level. For now, we have simplicity.

HP/MP restoring items: Any item that restore your health or magic.

Quest items: Any item that relates to a quest.

Special items: Something like an item that grants a temporary boost to strength or magic, or gives an experience boost, or does something special.

Other items: Anything that doesn't fall into the categories above.

The currency in this world is gold, silver, and copper coins (g=gold, s=silver, c=copper).

Note: Moderators will need to control NPCs since I can't control all of them all the time. There are also monsters that need to be controlled as well. I will have a sort of manual that only moderators for this can read. More information on this will come later.

Remember to ask any questions that you may have! It'll help me see if I've missed anything too. And anyone can answer questions too, but make sure you have the right answer. (I might award bonus experience for those who help answer people's questions!)
Back to top Go down
https://sapphirerealm.rpg-board.net
Kira the Sapphire Dragon
Admin
Admin
Kira the Sapphire Dragon

Character Profile
HP:
MP:

Getting Started Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting Started   Getting Started EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 3:50 pm

How to Roll the Dice

Just to make sure we're clear on it.

After you hit "Reply" to post, scroll down and you should see a "Dice Roll" section. Open it with the little plus sign located to its right.
You should see "Dice roll #1:" and "Dice rolls:" there now.

"Dice roll #1:" indicates which dice you will be throwing which you select from the drop down menu. "d" stands for dice and the number following is how many sides it has.

"Dice rolls:" is how many of said dice you will throw. There should be a little plus at the end of this row. If you press that it make another row to throw another dice that should begin with "Dice Roll #2:".

IMPORTANT NOTE:
If you roll the dice and had typed something in the text box, IT WILL NOT BE THERE WHEN IT IS POSTED. So, make sure you roll first, and THEN type your post. Or at least save your post before you roll the dice.
Also, if you get any bonuses to your roll, make sure to make note of that when you edit the post. Moderators will double check the bonuses and then add them to your dice roll (since they can edit your post).
Back to top Go down
Kira the Sapphire Dragon
Admin
Admin
Kira the Sapphire Dragon

Character Profile
HP:
MP:

Getting Started Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting Started   Getting Started EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 4:35 pm

Game Moderators

Here's a list of the game mods (who you must listen to!) along with their current status:

WonderBubbles - active
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Getting Started Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting Started   Getting Started Empty

Back to top Go down

Getting Started
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sapphire Realm Roleplaying Forum :: Roleplaying Game :: Game Information-
Jump to: